Sunday, August 26, 2007

CM Russell Museum

The Man...
The Studio ... made from cedar telephone poles ... located right next to his home.

His home ...

Bronzes of some of his works ... just outside the doors of the museum.

Flowers right outside the door of the museum, between the studio & house.

Great Falls is the home of Charlie Russell, the famous western painter. I wasn't very excited about seeing this ... but as usual ... Carolyn is right on ... we happened on a docent tour and she was marvelous ... she kept our interest for almost an hour and made everything so meaningful ... it was great!

7 comments:

Cathy said...

Hey! Did you take your Wildflower guide with you?

Yep - Carolyn is a good guide. I'll bet you saw some great paintings.

Beth said...

Yeah ... it was really cool. I didn't bring a book ... I should pick one up ... I might ... but then I'd have to carry it.

Beth said...

Yeah ... it was really cool. I didn't bring a book ... I should pick one up ... I might ... but then I'd have to carry it.

Cathy said...

You stuttered ;0) See that little garbage can on your comment? If you click it you delete the excess comment.

I'll bet you knew that.

Beth said...

no i really didn't know that ... and i don't see a garbage can ... but i haven't had any coffee yet ... i'll keep looking
b

Anonymous said...

Hey I am all caught up! Almost all packed and ready to go! I will arrive in Kalispell at 2 pm now. Should catch up with you all late Friday afternoon!

PS I am bringing a book and bug spray for the room :-)

Me

Cathy said...

Maybe it looks more like a fire-hydrant in the lower left hand corner of your comment - under the Month . (August;0)