Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Long Day ...

We awakened at 3:45AM and were on the way by 5:15 ... we traveled 9+ hours to Kadoka, SD ... I think it was a city of about 50 people ... out in no where land ... it might have been another planet for all I know ... the Best Western where we were supposed to stay ... the office was so moldy that once again I couldn't talk within about 5 seconds ... we didn't even bother to check the rooms ... we took off for Rapid City, SD ... another 100 miles or so ...

Because I was sick of driving Interstate and we were passing one of the entrances to the Badlands ... we toured ... on the way into the park we found a historical site "Prairie Homestead" ... I have lots of pictures and will share some of them with some history tomorrow ... really amazing. They had Prairie Dogs right at the site.

The Badlands are amazing and they come up so fast ... one second you're on a Prairie and then the landscape changes into this vast nothingness. Again, more tomorrow.

Today we lost another hour ... we're now 2 hours behind ya'll ... so while it is 8PM here ... it's 10PM at home ... been a long day ... love to all ... more tomorrow!

3 comments:

May said...

You both are not having much luck with the motel issue. Good grief. Hopefully you can catch a break with that soon. I have loved this blog Beth, what a great idea. Now I feel like I'm with you and Aunt Carolyn!! Give her a big hug from me please!!!!

Cathy said...

Oh yeah - that vast nothingness. I'll bet the pioneers made hooch :0)

Beth said...

Pioneers had to do something ... a little hooch a little of anything would be ok ... there sure isn't much out here.