Monday, October 1, 2007

Goulden's Lodge Monument Valley - 10/1

For those of us who might remember the 'old' cowboy movies, you'll appreciate this area. Monument Valley is where many of those movies were filmed. Goulding's is where the actors stayed. This was a Trading Post and is currently a Movie Museum. Lot's of movie memorabilia.
Yes, this is John Wayne's cabin. Did you realize that he made 150 movies? I know that I can now go on with my day. Honestly, I doubt he spent too much time here, he was tall and I don't think he would have been able to stand up.
Do these look familiar? They were used in the movies...
I really did like this one. Not sure I would have wanted to go to far in it.
I would love to have this driftwood in my home ... all kidding aside. Fred it really isn't that big, honest it would fit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you are OK. You must be in the wild wild west because there is no cell or you have the drift wood on the the top of the SUV and you can't call me to fess up.:-). As John Wayne would say "Love the pictures little lady, keep up the good work". Me