Thursday, October 11, 2007

This one is for Carolyn...

Carolyn has this little thing going for Kit Carson ... just kidding. We tried to go to the Home of Kit, the mildew was so bad (in Taos?) I couldn't stay in the entrance more than 2 seconds. Not kidding. Anyway, Carolyn proceeded to visit the site and watch a video. I think I can speak for her when I say the structure was a little disappointing. Not the video, but the '3' rooms she saw out of the original '12' were more than likely not too impressive and certainly not what was.

So, after a little disappointment, we go in search of his grave. Yes, a cemetery ... what I do for my friend. It is located in the middle of the city park and let me tell you, the park is rather large. We went into several entrances and were giving up. As we were watching the kids with their coach kick the soccer ball and run through the park at the same time ... what did I spy you might ask. Yes, a headstone. We hit pay dirt. Well, we found it anyway. The cemetery is literally in the middle of the park and not well marked ... if marked at all. So, Miss Carolyn, these pictures are for you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Attractive part of content. I simply stumbled upon your web site and in accession capital
to say that I acquire in fact loved account your weblog posts.
Any way I will be subscribing in your feeds or even I success you get right of entry to consistently fast.



Here is my site - notice to quit form