Sunday, September 23, 2007

Grand Canyon ~ Cape Royal

I get it now. Looking into the canyon from this area was breath taking. It was our first glimpse at the Colorado River. No wonder this area is one of the "Wonders of the World". This area was also nice because there weren't so many people. That might have been because of the Roosevelt fires. We drove right through the area where there were flames.

I tried to get pictures of the fires, but there were signs saying "Do Not Stop at Fire Areas". So as we drove back, no other cars were around, I slowed and tried to take pictures from the windows. If the firefighter hadn't been there I might have been tempted to stop for 10 seconds, but alas, I just kept moving and clicking.

One of the views of the Colorado River.
Another view of river.
This was called the Angels Window.

This wall of rock was really awesome.
First views of the Colorado River.
I just love the little flowers.
This little bunch of flowers were on the overlook that we walked on that was over the Angles Window. Believe me, they were right on the edge.

These are the pictures in the Roosevelt Forest that were on fire. Remember, I was in a moving car, so look closely you might find a flame.

No comments: