Sunday, September 23, 2007

Grand Canyon - Widforss Trail Hike

This is a 'rim' trail. I followed the path along the edge for about 2 1/2 miles. Again, lots of up and down and it really gives one a great workout. At the 2 1/2 mile point, the trail heads into the woods and takes you out to Widfross Point.

I started into the woods, the entire feel of the trail changed. There were tall grasses hitting my face and covering the path. Since I was alone, it didn't take long to decide it wasn't for me. I turned around and headed back. The total miles being about 5.5 and taking me 2 hours and 20 minutes and that's moving as quickly as my lungs & heart would allow. I am getting my workouts while on this trip!

I am thrilled to report that Carolyn got out and walked the trail as well. She was even happier about it than I was. We had both been feeling bad that she had not been able to participate in hiking; her feet had been bothering her. She loved every aspect of her part of the hike. As many of you know Carolyn, she had her pamphlet and read all about the different things as she went along.

One REALLY cool animal out here is the Kaibab squirrel. I got to see two of them while coming back to the trail head. You just wouldn't believe how WHITE their tails are. They were just so darn cute.

Views from the edge.




I do love flowers ... these were so tiny and perfect. This entire plant was about the size of a sliver dollar.

Yep, this is theKaibab squirrel. Nope, I didn't take this picture. This is a post card and I took a picture of it so I could show y'all what it looks like.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dog gone it! I should have stayed anonther week! How cool. Me