Monday, September 17, 2007

Zion ~ Kolob Terrace Drive - Utah - 9/17

My dear friend Carolyn comes through again, through her research she found this drive. Did you know that the only way to visit Zion is to use the shuttle system? Well, Carolyn found a drive that turned out of the city of Virgin. (No smart comments required) It was an 18 mile drive that went to the top of a mesa. This drive went in and out of the park twice and ended at a reservoir, outside of the park. As you can see by the pictures we went through very arid, mountainous areas. At the top it was green Meadows. Shame on me, I didn't take pictures up there ... guess I was tired.

We were just entering the area that was very green. The colors in this pic are very disappointing as the varying colors of green were just so beautiful.
It was just amazing ... these folks use the tree limes and trunks to build there fences. The following is trying to so you this ...

These are just more great vistas.

If you have not figured it out by now ... I LOVE flowers.
Paint Brush.
Oleander.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

JUST CAUGHT UP WITH YOUR BLOGG, IT LOOKS AND SOUNDS WONDERFUL, I AM FOLLOWING YOU ON THE MAP YOU SENT.I WISH WE WERE WITH YOU BUT OUR TIME WILL COME LOTS OF LOVE AS ALWAYS RUSSELL XXX

Anonymous said...

hello! the boys and i love the postcards you send! i put the new ones on the bulletin board and the not as new ones in the book we are using to 'follow' you. We all miss our Aunt Beffie!
Love, Erin, Thomas, Simon and Jay

Anonymous said...

1 Comment - Show Original Post

Anonymous said...
Hey Boo!

I just got caught up! Talked to your mom this evening and she is raring to get out of the hospital. Gave the boys her number. She is in good spirits. Missing those hikes, altough MSN has video of guy who was attacked by a black bear in Washington. He had two dogs and bike. So be careful and remember our song -"Don't want see no Bear Today!".

Me

Anonymous said...

Hey Beth,
Yup - looks like you're on the "rock tour" now. Beautiful pics. Hope you're having fun.
Love, Jen

Anonymous said...

Oh, BTW, those rather large sage green shrubs growing at the fence line are chamisa or rabbit brush. I know cause I have a couple growing in my backyard.
Jen

Beth said...

Love everyone's comments. We just arrived in Flagstaff, here for 3 days. Going to Sedona tomarrow. Jen, you're right on ... rocks, rocks & more rocks ... I hate to say it but I think I've had my fill for awhile. I'm ready for some GREEN! Don't think I'll much of that until we head for home ... seems pretty brown in the west. Love to all
Beth

Beth said...

Erin,
Really glad the boys are enjoying the post cards, there are probably some more on the way!

b