Sunday, September 23, 2007

Grand Canyon - Last Day

It’s our last day in the canyon and when you’ve been on the road as long as we have; once in a while you have to take a down day! So, last night we planned to take it easy today, maybe take a short hike, nothing strenuous. Well, we got up this morning to clouds, with 90% chance of thunderstorms and guess what; we’ve had our first rainy day while on this trip. The fog has rolled in, there is no view of the canyon, and the rain on our cabin roof is wonderfully soothing. It has been great. We both just got caught up.

I worked on the pictures most of the day, reorganizing, creating new folders, renaming pictures to match folder name and deleting those that needed to be deleted. It is truly amazing how long that stuff takes.

OK, so I had a little technical difficulty. I couldn’t get my pictures to upload. I turned my camera on & off several times, rebooted the thing, turned on & off my camera some more. I plugged and unplugged by camera cords. I was really getting worried. Raymond, I was right on the edge of asking for help. I turned the laptop so the back was facing me and realized I had plugged into the wrong part. Good Grief Charlie Brown, all that time and effort wasted. Oh well, in the end all is good.

At 4PM PT, we went to the deli and had dinner; we thought we had better beat the crowd, as everyone is at the lodge today. It worked out great. We’re back in our cozy cabin and waiting for the rain & fog to lift. Tomorrow is supposed to be another beautiful day and we are going to be headed towards Flagstaff for 3 nights. Oh boy, Internet!!

On our way to Flagstaff, we are going on a Condor search. A ranger told us where to stop … so stay tuned. Also, while in Flagstaff we will be spending a day in Sedona. At one point we were going to skip it, but we have thought better of it.

No comments: